Mack, Chris Ph.D.
Adjunct Assistant Professor
|Phone:||(512) 814-6225||The University of Texas at Austin|
|Fax:||–||Department of Chemical Engineering|
|Email:||email@example.com||200 E. Dean Keeton St. Stop C0400|
|UT Mail:||–||Austin, Texas 78712-1589|
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
M.S., Electrical Engineering, The University of Maryland
CHE 323 Chemical Engineering for Microelectronics (undergraduate)
CHE 395C Chemical Processes for Microelectronics (graduate)
SSC 306 Statistics in Market Analysis (undergraduate)
SSC 380D Statistical Methods II (graduate)
EE 411 Circuit Theory (undergraduate)
EE 323 Network Theory II (undergraduate)
EE 325 Electromagnetic Engineering (undergraduate)
EE 338 Electronic Circuits I (undergraduate)
EE 339 Solid State Electronics (undergraduate)
EE 383P Fourier Optics (graduate)
EE 396K/CHE 385C Semiconductor Microlithography (graduate)
PHY 333/EE 347 Modern Optics (undergraduate)
Micro- and nanolithography, stochastic modeling of semiconductor lithography to predict line-edge roughness
Awards & Honors
SPIE Frits Zernike Award for Microlithography, for contributions in lithography modeling and education, 2009
SEMI Award for North America, for contributions in lithography modeling and education, 2003
Best Paper Award, 18th Annual BACUS Symposium on Photomask Technology and Management, 1998.
- C. A. Mack, “Stochastic modeling of photoresist development in two and three dimensions”, Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS , Vol. 9, No. 4 (Oct-Dec, 2010) p. 041202.
- C. A. Mack, “A Simple Model of Line-Edge Roughness”, Future Fab International, Vol. 34 (July 14, 2010).
- C. A. Mack, “Stochastic Modeling in Lithography: The Use of Dynamical Scaling in Photoresist Development,” Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS, Vol. 8, No. 3 (Jul/Aug/Sep 2009) p. 033001.
- C. A. Mack, “Stochastic Modeling in Lithography: Autocorrelation Behavior of Catalytic Reaction-Diffusion Systems,” Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS, Vol. 8, No. 2 (Apr/May/Jun 2009) p. 029701.
- C. A. Mack, “Stochastic approach to modeling photoresist development”, Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology, Vol. B27, No. 3 (May/Jun. 2009) pp. 1122-1128.
- C. A. Mack, “Seeing Double”, IEEE Spectrum (Nov. 2008) pp. 46-51.
- C. A. Mack, “The Future of Semiconductor Lithography: After Optical, What Next?”, Future Fab International, Vol. 23 (7/9/2007).
- C. A. Mack, “Charting the Future (and Remembering the Past) of Optical Lithography Simulation,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology, Vol. B 23, No. 6 (Nov / Dec 2005) pp. 2601-2606.
- C. A. Mack, K. E. Mueller, A. B. Gardiner, J. P. Sagan, R. R. Dammel, and C. G. Willson “Modeling Solvent Diffusion in Photoresist,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology, Vol. B16, No. 6, (Nov., 1998) pp. 3779-3783.
- C. A. Mack and G. Arthur, “Notch Model for Photoresist Dissolution,” Electrochemical and Solid State Letters, Vol. 1, No. 2, (August, 1998) pp. 86-87.
- C. A. Mack, “Trends in Optical Lithography,” Optics and Photonics News (April, 1996) pp. 29-33.
- C. A. Mack, “Lithographic Effects of Acid Diffusion in Chemically Amplified Resists,” Microelectronics Technology: Polymers for Advanced Imaging and Packaging, ACS Symposium Series 614, E. Reichmanis, C. Ober, S. MacDonald, T. Iwayanagi, and T. Nishikubo, eds., ACS Press (Washington: 1995) pp. 56-68.
- C. A. Mack, “New Kinetic Model for Resist Dissolution,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Vol. 139, No. 4 (Apr. 1992) pp. L35-L37.
- D. H. Ziger and C. A. Mack, “Generalized Approach toward Modeling Resist Performance,” AICHE Journal, Vol. 37, No. 12 (Dec 1991) pp. 1863-1874.
- C. A. Mack, “Absorption and Exposure in Positive Photoresist,” Applied Optics, Vol. 27, No. 23 (1 Dec. 1988) pp. 4913-4919.
- C. A. Mack, “Development of Positive Photoresists,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Vol. 134, No. 1 (Jan. 1987) pp. 148-152.