Class meets Tuesday/Thursday 200-330 in CPE 2.218
UT Energy Symposium -- Fall 2013
2014 Fall - Canvas page link (Homeworks and grades will be posted here!!)
Policy paper instructions here (please note the 2014 ones havn't been posted.).
Technology paper instructions here.
Goals: To provide students with the knowledge of energy technology and policy, with a focus on the U.S.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills Students Should Have Entering This Course:
- Simple material/energy balances
- Energy unit conversion
- Ability to find energy information on the web
- Energy efficiency calculations
- Tradeoff of capital and operating costs
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills Students Should Gain From This Course:
- Ability to analyze technical aspects of various energy conversion systems
- Ability to analyze energy efficiency
- Ability to evaluate effects of government policy on energy prices and economics
- Develop approaches for literature searching and finding data on various energy indicators
- Ability to understand and verify energy claims made by the media